A Good Day Out On My Retriever Training Day in Norfolk... 

September 28th, 2017

Bacon roll in hand and we were off to Hargham Shoot Retriever Training. It was a slightly wet start, however by the end of the day the sun was shining and Snipe and I had had a fantastic day.

We started with walked up partridge in the sugar beet. Never easy, with the noise of the beet whistling in Snipe's ears, however I was confident he would get his head down and I am pleased to say he did. I was chuffed.

His first 3 retrieves were clean and for a 14 month old dog and only his 2nd time out on game, for me, he was going well.

Then we had a slight wobble on his 4th retrieve when I had to call him back as he took the wrong line (or I sent him on the wrong path, I am never afraid to say its the handler and the dog on the training day, remember). So We realigned and off we went again, this time, mission accomplished! The retrieve was a success and it was time for lunch. Happy Days!




After lunch we finished on a duck drive. Snipe picked his 1st duck on a straight-forward 40 yard retrieve, big grins all round and an extra fuss for Snipe.

Then we had a set up memory retrieve over a ditch. Again, never easy, and certainly called up all my evening training sessions. I made sure my commands were clear so Snipe would be successful and finish on a positive! I think Snipe's grin says it all...


It was a great day. Thank you for looking after us so well Hargham Shoot, we will be back!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breckmarsh Gundog Teams Lucky 7!!!

The Weekend That Saw The Trialling Community Come Together